My travel companion & I will be visiting Kyushu Fri 6 - leaving on 12 Sept 2019.
Our itinerary :
6 Sept - Arrive at Hakata
7 to 8 Sept - Nagasaki
9 Sept - Return to Hakata
10 Sept - Day trip to Saga from Hakata
11 Sept - Day trip to Kumamoto from Hakata
12 Sept - Depart Hakata in morning
My current understanding on how I should go about with the IC Prepaid cards + JR Kyushu Pass :
1. Upon Arrival at Fukuoka International Airport,we can get 2 cards - 1. Hayakaken Card - which enables to take our subway to Hakata Station & I can continue to use it for subways in other cities & prefectures within Kyushu.
2. Separately I should also buy a 3 Days Northern Kyushu JR Pass which covers :
- JR Kamome Limited Express from Hakata to Nagasaki
- Limited Express Train from Hakata station to Saga City
- Shinkansen to from Hakata to Kumamoto
While I understand SUGOCA Prepaid Card covers JR Pass, I'm still not sure if buying it is enough or I need to combine with a 3 Days Northern Kyushu Rail Pass.
Look forward to your advise . Thank you
Ms SY Lim