Japan Station Forums
melsuan

Kyoto to Kansai airport

Hi,

I am on business travel to Japan and will be in Kyoto on 7-Mar. I am traveling with one other colleague. We need to travel from Kyoto to Kansai airport on 8-Mar. Can you advise me what direct Kyoto-Kansai rail service I can take and if I can book the reserved seats online?

My flight is departing at 5pm and I think I need to take the train at 1-2pm latest?

Many thanks for your advise.

The best way to travel from Kyoto directly to Kansai airport is the Haruka Limited Express train.

On March 8th Haruka Limited Express operates at the following times that may be convenient for you:

LTD. EXP HARUKA 25 - Depart Kyoto 13:15 - Arrive Kansai Airport 14:34

LTD. EXP HARUKA 27 - Depart Kyoto 14:15 - Arrive Kansai Airport 15:34

The seats cannot be reserved online, but there shouldn't be a problem buying reserved seats the day before or on the day of travel.

For more details about Haruka Limited Express take a look at our Kyoto - Kansai Airport transport article: http://www.kyotostation.com/traveling-between-kyoto-and-kansai-international-airport/

Many thanks for your advise. I shall purchase the ticket when I arrive in the afternoon of 7-Mar.

Would there be another service in between 13:15hr and 14:15hr? I have having a business lunch with my Japanese colleagues and hope to have the most time with them before departing.