Japan Station Forums
libramuse

Haneda to Ueno-72 hour pass?

Hi I'm arriving at Haneda late Friday evening and I'm hoping to get the 72 Hour pass that seems to include transportation from Haneda.  However, the 72 subway pass does not include JR trains and all the info I got for getting to Ueno station includes using the JR Yamanote line.  Does this pass include that one time travel or will I save more moeny by using a SUica or Passmo card?  Many thanks in advance.

Hello there,

I think you are talking about the 72 hour Tokyo Subway Ticket? This ticket only covers Tokyo Metro and Toei Subway lines and you cannot use these lines from Haneda Airport, so it doesn't seem like a good choice for your route. I'm not sure how long you plan to be in Tokyo but if you buy a SUICA or PASMO card it will cost you 500 yen just to buy the card. So if you aren't staying for quite a long period it may be simpler just to pay the separate fees for each line. You can take the Tokyo Monorail from Haneda to Hamamatsucho Station and then take the JR Yamanote Line to Ueno and it will cost you just 660 yen for a 41 minute journey.

I recommend this site for planning your journey: https://world.jorudan.co.jp/norikae/cgi-bin/engkeyin.cgi

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Michael