Jump to content
Japan Station Forums

Using IC card for intercity travel

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

The ICOCA card issued by JR West can be used to travel between cities in the Kansai region, so you can use it on JR lines between Osaka and Kyoto. It can also be used for Keihan and Hankyu lines, but you can't use it for the shinkansen. For more information please check the official JR West page: https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/howto/ticket_03.html#fqtop

Best wishes,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...