Japan Station Forums
Pam

“Tokyo Subway 72-hour Ticket” valid for 72 hours (1,500 yen)

Hi My Husband and I are traveling to Mizue in april ,We are travelling from Bribie island Queensland Australia. We were amazed about the many train lines ,and slightly confused to say the least .

Can the new  “Tokyo Subway 72-hour Ticket” valid for 72 hours (1,500 yen) be used from Narita airport to KEISEI-YAWATA then MOTO-YAWATA to MIZUE?

Also we have to walk from KEISEI-YAWATA to MOTO-YAWATA for 8 minutes with bags is this clearly signed

Thanking you in advance for any useful information to help us get to our destination with out to many difficulties on our first day in Japan.

Many Thanks Pam

Hi Pam. The Tokyo Subway ticket will be valid on MOTO-YAWATA to MIZUE part, but not the Keisei line from the airport. Unless you plan to ride the subway a lot in the following two days it may be a better idea to get an IC card (like PASMO or Suica) at the airport. This card can be used on all lines, including Keisei and subways.

http://www.japanstation.com/japans-prepaid-transportation-cards-ic-cards/

You can familiarize yourself with the walk from KEISEI-YAWATA to MOTO-YAWATA on Google Maps. Most Japanese cities have good Google Street View coverage.

Hi Japan Station Teams,

I'm the tourist and  wanna ask regarding the Tokyo Subway Ticket for 72 Hours Pass, Due to I will depart from Kyoto Station and take the JR bullet train to Tokyo Station on 1/5/16. Can I know where should I buy the Tokyo Subway Ticket for 72 Hours Pass inside Tokyo Station? Did any agency or metro pass office can purchase for this 72 Hours Pass?

Thanks

Here is a list of places you can buy a Tokyo Subway 72 hours ticket:

http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html#anc02

This ticket is for domestic and international visitors, not local Tokyo residents, so there are some restrictions on where it's sold.

For you it will probably be easiest to buy the ticket at one of the travel agencies at Kyoto station.  Nippon Travel Agency is located just outside Kyoto Station’s north central ticket gates. You can find a photo at the end of this page: http://www.kyotostation.com/atm-cash-machines-currency-exchange-at-kyoto-station/

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1) One more question might need your advice, I will stay the hotel and below. Can you guide me which is the better way to choosing the transportation(Except JR) from the hotel to Haneda International Airport. 

Hotel: APA Hotel Ginza-Kyobashi    3-6-7 Kyobashi, Chuo-City, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 104-0031

2) Can I Purchase Limousine Bus & Subway Pass (Haneda Airport) for question item1? Or any better easy and fast way can reach from hotel to Haneda International Airport.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm Kyoto now, I go the travel agency that you recommed to me,but they not allow me to buy the tokyo 72 subway tickets because need buy their package  eg hotel. But I already had hotel which they not allow to sell me. Can I know where still can buy the tickets either at kyoto and japan.

Thanks

Here is a list of places where you can buy the tickets: http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html#anc02

[Other Places of Purchase in Tokyo]

1. BIC CAMERA and Sofmap
BIC CAMERA Yurakucho Store, BICQLO BIC CAMERA Shinjuku East Store, BIC CAMERA Akasaka-mitsuke Station Store, BIC CAMERA Ikebukuro Main Store, BIC CAMERA Shibuya East Store, BIC CAMERA Shibuya Hachiko Store, BIC CAMERA Shinjuku East Store, BIC CAMERA Shinjuku West Store and Sofmap Akihabara Main Store

• *Passports will be checked.

2. Laox
Laox Akihabara Main Store, Laox AsoBitCity Store, Laox Shinjuku Main Store, Laox WATCH, Laox Ginza Main Store and Laox EXITMELSA Store

3. HIS Tourist Information Center
Shinjuku Head Office, Shinjuku 3-chome, Ginza Head Office, Ginza Core and Harajuku

Hi I was looking for ways to buy this 72Hrs ticket and stumbled upon this forum.  I have question .. is there a special prerequisites for buying this ticket?

As I read in the official page this is written.

The conditions of purchase are as follows:
- Only sold to people who use JR Central’s Express Services for Shinkansen departing from stations between Atami and Hakata bound for Tokyo and Shinagawa stations.

I hope I misunderstand the written condition above, because this is a great deal :P

This ticket is for domestic and international visitors, not local Tokyo residents, so there are some restrictions on where it's sold.

The condition that you mentioned is only applied at one location. You don't need to be a shinkansen passenger to buy this ticket at other locations.

Other locations may have other conditions that are listed on the official page. For example, at travel agencies the ticket is only sold together with other travel products (transportation, accommodation, travel packages, etc.) for Tokyo.

15 hours ago, yamadatarodesu said:

Hi I was looking for ways to buy this 72Hrs ticket and stumbled upon this forum.  I have question .. is there a special prerequisites for buying this ticket?

As I read in the official page this is written.

I hope I misunderstand the written condition above, because this is a great deal :P