Japan Station Forums
225-kinokuni

Destination of Kansai Airport Rapid Service.

Departing from Kansai Airport Station the Kansai Airport Rapid Service follows the Kansai Airport Line to Hineno Station, and then follows the Hanwa Line to Tennoji Station. From Tennoji Station the train then follows a clockwise course around the Osaka Loop Line, stopping first at Osaka Station, before reaching Kyobashi Station. Some trains terminate at Kyobashi Station and others continue on to complete the circle at Tennoji Station.

https://www.osakastation.com/jr-kansai-airport-line-kansai-airport-rapid-service/

• Thanks 1

Yes, that's right (though your diagrams indicate the opposite). The train bound for Osaka/Kyobashi joins the Osaka Loop Line at Tennoji then continues on to Osaka Station before terminating at Kyobashi. The train bound for the Osaka Loop Line joins the Osaka Loop Line at Tennoji and then traverses the entire line in a complete loop, stopping at Osaka and Kyobashi on the way, before returning to its final destination at Tennoji.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Michael

• Thanks 1

Hi guys!

I will be going to OSAKA on May 12th arriving to KIX by 1:30pm

I am going to Kyobashi,  Hotel Keihan Kyobashi GRANDE

I have a question please, from which platform at the KIX JR station do I take the JR Kansai-Airport Rapid service train?

I know it is on 2nd floor but unsure of what platform yet, I search and search but unable to get the information

I am aware please correct me if I am wrong, I have to look for the JR train that has the label OSAKA-KYOBASHI, right?

thanks in advance

Terry

On 4/27/2019 at 5:43 AM, terry terry said:

I have a question please, from which platform at the KIX JR station do I take the JR Kansai-Airport Rapid service train?

I know it is on 2nd floor but unsure of what platform yet, I search and search but unable to get the information

I am aware please correct me if I am wrong, I have to look for the JR train that has the label OSAKA-KYOBASHI, right?

Hi Terry,

There are only two platforms at KIX JR station. One is usually used for Haruka Express and the other for JR Kansai Airport Rapid Service.

It is really easy to navigate. Check the platform displays for the next JR Kansai Airport Rapid Service.

The platform looks like this:

kix_station.jpg.bc3c6e2dba635a97946260f645f6cd6a.jpg

All the Airport Rapid Services go to Kyobashi station.